Tomorrow Tuesday 18th September I will be live blogging from “Showing the Arts and Humanities Matter”, a one day symposium at UCL in conjunction with 4Humanities, Arts Emergency, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities, and UCL Department of Information Studies, organised by Dr Melissa Terras.
Eva Kekou, a fellow international correspondent of 4Humanities, will be live blogging too and Dr Lucy Lyons will be the conference artist in residence.
A full program is available here. [PDF].
- Professor Alan Liu, University of California Santa Barbara, and 4Humanities founder: “Creating a Humanities Advocacy Media Plan”
- Dr Rüdiger Klein, European Alliance for the Social Sciences and Humanities: “Making the Humanities Count – the dawn of a new era thanks to globalising Digital Humanities?”
- Amy Westwell and Oliver Milne, The Free Hetherington Campaign: ““Occupy, Organise & Origami” The Free Hetherington, Student Radicalism and the Democratic Intellect”
- Neil Griffiths, Arts Emergency: “The Arts Emergency we all face…”
- Dr Anna Upchurch, University of Leeds, and Dr Eleonora Belfiore, University of Warwick: “Redefining ‘value’: the arts, humanities and the challenges of contemporary life”
- Professor Andrew Prescott, King’s College London: “How the Humanities can Help Transform Science”
For complete information click on https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ah/4humanities/18thSeptember.